Lab Section Supervisor - Microbiology - Bowling Green, OH
Bowling Green, OH 43402 US
Targeted Salary: $70,000yr - $80,000yr– Salary varies depending upon skills and experience level.
Hours: 40 hours a week (1st shift with weekend and holiday rotation)
Status: Full Time
Client Description: Our targeted client is a hospital that was founded in 1951 with support from the community. The residents believed so much in the hospital back then; they played a key role in its early development. The trust and respect that has accrued over its lifetime is built on a tradition of “being there” for the residents within the community– in good times and bad – 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week. Today, with over 700 individuals employed, the Hospital is proud to be a valuable resource, ready to serve the community. They believe the strength of the community lies in having excellent health care close to home, with neighbors caring for neighbors. They’re proud to say their community can depend on them.
Summary: The Lab Section Supervisor provides personal care and professional excellence by overseeing and operating the microbiology section in order to assure high quality and accurate testing at all times.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform Molecular testing including methodology, instrumentation, trouble shooting, CAP standards, CLIA regulations and microbiology.
• Assures the department meets all CAP standards and CLIA regulations
• Sets up and monitors all section QC and QA.
• Monitors all section proficiency surveys and prepares alternate methods for all analytic tests for which no external proficiency testing program is available. Performs necessary investigation, follow-up, and documentation.
• Writes all section procedures and maintains/reviews/updates at least every two years.
• Represents the laboratory on the infection control and antimicrobial stewardship committees and others as assigned.
• Develops and administers section competencies annually.
• Oversees microbiology training and orientation of new employees and college students
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science required.
• Microbiology experience required
• ASCP certification preferred
Client’s Mission & Vision:
• Dedicated to providing the highest quality preventative, restorative, educational, and rehabilitative healthcare services to all.
• Maintain an environment attractive to retain qualified healthcare staff.
• Serve as the core provider for medical, surgical and preventive services within the surrounding communities while consistently living out the values of collaboration, integrity, respect, compassion, loyalty, and excellence.
About KNK Recruiting:
KNK Recruiting is a Healthcare Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) firm that partners with companies to Attract, Assess, Engage, Land, and Retain top talent. Our Talent RPO Consultants are consistently building relationships with talented Healthcare professionals.