Nursing Manager of Surgery - Norwalk, OH
Norwalk, OH 44857 US
Targeted Base Salary: $80,000yr- $115,000yr - Salary varies depending upon skills and experience level.
Client Description: Our targeted client is a 99-bed acute care hospital, a 69-bed skilled nursing facility, a 48-unit assisted living facility, home health center, emergency transport, outpatient services, lab services, and imaging and physical rehabilitation healthcare system. This facility employs 1,300 employees and is a not-for profit health system that year after year reinvest a significant portion of their earnings into programs that improve the health and wellness of the communities they serve.
Summary: The Nursing Manager of Surgery is under the direction of the VP, Surgical Services, the Surgery Manager administers and directs all activities and functions of the Surgery Department, including the Sterile Processing Department and the Procedure Center. Assists with the implementation of the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures of the hospital.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews recent developments in the field and develops procedures and processes to implement new techniques.
- Responsible for short and long term range planning to ensure the Hospital's and departments' objectives are achieved.
- Monitors and maintains unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting, hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees the departments PI program which monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Demonstrates effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources. Prepares and submits operating budgets. Monitors monthly variances and develops and implements strategies for improvement.
- Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service line and implements solutions with follow through and communication.
- May also perform work of a higher level in preparation for increased responsibility, and may be required to do work of lesser responsibility with the work load demands of the department.
- Manages staff to assure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Nursing or Healthcare Administration
- Certified Registered Nurse & CPR
Client’s Mission & Vision:
- Be the first choice for healthcare and employment within their community
- Deliver compassionate and convenient care to the highest level of excellence that promotes lifelong health and wellness for the communities they serve
KNK Recruiting is a Healthcare Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) firm that partners with companies to Attract, Assess, Engage, Land, and Retain top talent. Our Talent RPO Consultants are consistently building relationships with talented Healthcare professionals.