Phlebotomist - Norwalk, OH
Norwalk, OH 44857 US
Targeted Base Salary: $35,000yr- $40,000yr - Salary varies depending upon skills and experience level.
Client Description: Our targeted client is a 99-bed acute care hospital, a 69-bed skilled nursing facility, a 48-unit assisted living facility, home health center, emergency transport, outpatient services, lab services, and imaging and physical rehabilitation healthcare system. This facility employs 1,300 employees and is a not-for profit health system that year after year reinvest a significant portion of their earnings into programs that improve the health and wellness of the communities they serve.
Summary: The Phlebotomist performs phlebotomy functions and on-technical duties in areas including the hospital laboratory, outpatient and off-site services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs phlebotomy (venipuncture, fingerstick, and heelstick) according to established procedure and utilizes computers as appropriate in completing assigned functions.
- Identifies patients and properly labels specimen tubes
- Determines priority of STAT draws. Ensures timely transport of all patient specimens to lab. Organizes assigned work and accurately completes assigned workload
- Under supervision will help in the training of new employees and student interns at the hospital in the performance of phlebotomy duties.
- Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his or her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards
- High School Diploma or higher degree
- Registered Phlebotomist
Client’s Mission & Vision:
- Be the first choice for healthcare and employment within their community
- Deliver compassionate and convenient care to the highest level of excellence that promotes lifelong health and wellness for the communities they serve
KNK Recruiting is a Healthcare Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) firm that partners with companies to Attract, Assess, Engage, Land, and Retain top talent. Our Talent RPO Consultants are consistently building relationships with talented Healthcare professionals.