Registered Nurse First Assistant (RNFA) - Norwalk, OH
Norwalk, OH 44857 US
Targeted Base Salary: $70,000yr- $100,000yr - Salary varies depending upon skills and experience level.
Client Description: Our targeted client is a 99-bed acute care hospital, a 69-bed skilled nursing facility, a 48-unit assisted living facility, home health center, emergency transport, outpatient services, lab services, and imaging and physical rehabilitation healthcare system. This facility employs 1,300 employes and is a not-for profit health system that year after year reinvest a significant portion of their earnings into programs that improve the health and wellness of the communities they serve.
Summary: The RNFA manages individualized, goal directed preoperative nursing care through use of the nursing process and the principles of primary nursing in accordance with departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates vigilance in safeguarding the sterility of the field and ensures that the principles and processes of sterile technique are followed and implemented.
- Assembles necessary instruments, supplies and equipment prior to start of case. Demonstrates proficiency in the operation of surgical equipment.
- Performs sponge, needle, and instrument counts according to policy and procedure.
- Correctly collects and accurately labels specimens and transports to appropriate designated drop-off area.
- Provides for the safe transfer of care with a communication handoff to the next phase of care.
- Demonstrates knowledge for administering and recording of medications, can also demonstrate knowledge of commonly used medications: actions, dose, and side effects.
- Participates in surgical "Time Out" and "Sign Out" process for each procedure in conjunction with the surgical scrub tech, surgeon, and any other surgical team members present according to departmental policy.
- Demonstrates OR team involvement by actively participating in operating room turnover process, returning unused case supplies/equipment, and assisting with restocking of room supplies.
- Contributes to the daily tasks of preparing next day's procedure equipment and supplies as indicated, checking C-Section suite set-up preparedness.
- Demonstrates ability to troubleshoot technology and equipment issues.
- Utilizes appropriate techniques to assist with closure of body planes, including suturing techniques.
- Demonstrates behaviors in the interoperative phase to include: using instruments/medical devices, providing exposure, handing and/or cutting tissue, providing hemostasis and suturing under direction of the surgeon.
- Demonstrates an understanding of techniques used by various surgeons to facilitate a safe surgical procedure in the assist role.
- Injection of medications, such as local anesthetic agents, as directed and under the supervision of the physician.
- Associate Degree or higher in Nursing
- Certified Registered Nurse
- Certification in ACLS, CPR, and PALS.
Client’s Mission & Vision:
- Be the first choice for healthcare and employment within their community
- Deliver compassionate and convenient care to the highest level of excellence that promotes lifelong health and wellness for the communities they serve
KNK Recruiting is a Healthcare Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) firm that partners with companies to Attract, Assess, Engage, Land, and Retain top talent. Our Talent RPO Consultants are consistently building relationships with talented Healthcare professionals.